Polished Geek, LLC Refund Policy
- Effective Date: This Refund Policy was last updated effective May 19th, 2018
Polished Geek, LLC DBA Polished Geek ("The Company" or “us”, “we”) agrees to furnish services to and accept payments from the subscriber of services ("Client" or “you”, “your”), subject to the following Refund Policy.
Polished Geek reserves the right to change our Refund Policy at any time. We will notify Clients by posting an updated policy in this location.
You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review the Refund Policy when making payments to Polished Geek and to be aware of any modifications. The "Effective Date" will indicate if the Refund Policy has been updated and as of what date. Your submission of payment to us after such modifications will constitute your: (a) acknowledgment of the modified Refund Policy; and (b) agreement to abide and be bound by the modified Refund Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please contact us in writing at .
Refund and Disputes
- ALL PAYMENTS TO POLISHED GEEK ARE NONREFUNDABLE, unless otherwise stated.
- Please see the applicable section below for more details about your particular service or product.
- Hosting Accounts
- All payments are non-refundable. This includes one-time setup fees, prepayment fees, and subsequent charges regardless of usage. Client shall not be entitled to any refunds, pro-rated or otherwise, in the event of early termination of this agreement by The Company according to the terms herein. All overcharges or billing disputes must be reported within 60 days of the time the dispute occurred. If you dispute a charge to your credit card issuer or payment provider (chargeback) that, in Polished Geek, LLC's sole discretion is a valid charge under the provisions of the TOS and/or AUP, you agree to pay Polished Geek, LLC an "Administrative Fee" of not less than $75 and not more than $200.
- Commercial Extension Subscriptions
You may request a full refund within 14 days of initial download of a commercially supported extension if you are not satisfied. Commercial extension refunds are offered only for new subscribers. Renewal subscribers or subscriptions by clients who have previously received a refund for the same extension are NOT eligible for a refund when they renew or repurchase the same extension. This policy is to prevent fraud and abuse of the refund policy.
To request a refund, please write us at to explain the problem and why you wish a refund. After 14 days, absolutely no refunds will be granted. By paying for a support subscription and downloading an extension, you agree to be bound by the licensing terms. You may view the GNU GPLv2 license in full on this website.
- Web Development, Marketing & Consulting Services
In consideration of the time involved by Polished Geek, if at any point you wish to cancel a service in process, all paid fees up to that point in the process are non-refundable. The non-refundable policy also includes all retainer or deposit fees paid, even if the project has not yet started, as resources are reserved and confirmed for your project at the time of contract signature and initial payment.
Payment of retainer deposits by Clients signifies official commitment to the project. Polished Geek will rely upon that commitment for future scheduling of staff, quotation of resource availability to other prospective clients, and may defer other profitable opportunities in order to staff a committed project. It is impossible to quantify the potential opportunity loss caused by a project cancellation. Therefore no refunds will be issued for any services of any kind (including but not limited to web development, security services, marketing, web design, consulting, custom software development, site maintenance, hacked site recovery, etc.).
We will specify progress payment milestones in your project quote and/or contract. Upon notification of cancellation by a Client, we will cease all work and issue any final milestone invoices due, if any. Clients are not entitled, and surrender all rights to, any additional work performed by Polished Geek, including but not limited to site changes, enhancements or updates, or any in-process work performed, since the last paid milestone. If a Client wishes to obtain the rights to the most current work in process at the time of cancellation, all outstanding invoices, including the final invoice issued after cancellation notification, must be paid in full.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time, for any reason.
The Company is not responsible for data integrity on hosting accounts terminated for non-payment, refunds or cancellations.
Anything not explicitly stated in this Refund Policy is subject to interpretation at Polished Geek’s sole and absolute discretion.
Unless otherwise noted, all software is licensed under a GNU GPLv2 license. You may view the details, including the disclaimer of warranties, on our website.