Red Adair once famously said:
"If you think it's expensive to
hire a professional to do the job,
just wait until you hire an amateur."
It's a saying that has survived the years and is immortalized on wall calendars, t-shirts, framed office art and quoted in countless blogs across the internet.
It lives on, dear Client, because it's true.
We provide our services under a few different pricing arrangements:
Fixed bid pricing
- Offered only if project requirements are very clearly documented and understood
- Both parties must feel confident in the scope of the work
- The payment structure usually is similar to this:
- 50% initial retainer deposit to confirm project and placement on schedule
- 30% interim payment when beta version of the custom solution is available for client review
- Final 20% payment due upon client testing and approval, prior to release of source code
- Some larger fixed bid projects may be broken up into multiple fixed bid deliverables, with multiple interim milestone payments due as each deliverable reaches beta status
- Fixed bid pricing includes all design, technical development, quality and usability testing, live webinar training (if needed), basic documentation and 30 day warranty after completion
- Some projects may need us to perform detailed Requirements Analysis in order to confirm estimates for fixed bid pricing. If Requirements Analysis work is necessary, it will be conducted on an hourly basis as a consulting service. Any resulting documentation will become the property of the client upon completion of this paid service.
- Purchased in prepaid packages of 12, 24 or 48 hours. There is a 5% volume discount on 24 hour packages and 10% off for 48 hour packages.
- Our standard hourly rate is $155 USD per hour, charged in 15 minute increments against prepaid accounts
- Technical services hours purchased never expire until used
- We work on the tasks and priorities you authorize
- Services hours may be used for any Joomla service offered by Polished Geek, for any website you support (great for agencies!)
- Larger established clients may qualify for net 15 or net 30 payment terms after payment of initial retainer, subject to credit approval
Volume maintenance service discounts are available for clients needing more than 60 hours average per month. Contact us for volume pricing information
After hours and weekend services - Please note that we are based in the Eastern USA time zone, and are closed on weekends, evenings and all USA holidays. Client requests for weekend and evening emergency work may be available at overtime surcharge rates of 1.5x our standard rate, subject to staff availability. On rare occasions we may agree to work on USA holidays at 2x the standard hourly rate. All overtime and holiday work must be requested in writing and if approved and scheduled by Polished Geek, prepaid by client.
A few closing thoughts on pricing and value
The type of work we do at Polished Geek is often complex. We're the company many other Joomla!® web development companies call when they get stuck, with much our clientele being fellow web design and web development companies. Many of the custom development projects we take on require the skills of a project manager or business analyst, an experienced solution architect, quality assurance / usability tester, plus senior Joomla PHP and MySQL developers. We bring the skills of our entire team to your project when you sign on with us as a client.
When you hire us, you hire an experienced Joomla team that has worked together for over many years. Our full time personnel are from the USA, with an average of over six years working with Polished Geek and Joomla web development.