We've been VirtueMart approved third-party custom developers since the early days of VM1.0! Polished Geek knows VirtueMart.
VirtueMart is the only leading Joomla!® eCommerce shopping cart extension that is non-commercial.
Because it doesn't include as broad a set of core features as commercial carts like HikaShop, VirtueMart consistently attracts clients who are interested in extending its capabilities further with custom plugins, components and modules.
VM2 is highly extensible, with the ability to develop custom field plugins for products, and a rules-based engine for tax, pricing and discount calculations.
This all means you'll find a large number of 3rd party extensions available for VM2, but sometimes they don't play nicely with each other, or they don't quite work exactly the way you want them to for your store... but we can help!
Here are some of the ways Polished Geek has extended VirtueMart 2 since it was released:
- Automatic VM2 eBay listing integration with our JoomLister eBay integration solution
- VirtueMart 2 payment plugins
- An AJAX filtering module for 100,000+ item car parts VirtueMart 2 catalog site
- VirtueMart 2 shipping plugins
- AJAX Delivery management shipping module for VM 1.1 and VM2
- Integration of complex custom forms into the product page that allow form responses to modify the product price and options (see below for more information)
- Integration of custom forms into the checkout process (see below for more information)
- Custom VirtueMart solutions for wholesalers
- VirtueMart integration with Bitcoin for payment
- Numerous custom plugins that change the frontend features of VirtueMart based on customer attributes like postal code, special shopping codes, etc.
- And many other VirtueMart custom solutions
In addition to custom web development and extensions, we also offer VirtueMart troubleshooting and maintenance services for your existing site.