Has your Joomla!® site been hacked?
Every week, we help new clients recover their hacked Joomla websites, tighten the security on their site and reduce their risk of a second (or third, or fourth) hacking attack.
Here's what Polished Geek does to get your site back up in a safe manner:
- We gain access to the site with the credential you provide for your admin and hosting account, and then create a full Akeeba backup to work from.
- If your current hosting company has suspended your site, we will bring the copy up on an isolated development site on our server, so we can have 100% access to the site and work more quickly
- Next we run a full Joomla specific security audit, which usually finds everything the hosting company has flagged, and usually a lot more
- One of our qualified Joomla developers reviews and fixes all malicious code identified
- A developer will analyze the installed 3rd party extensions for upgrades, and upgrade any that are needed, as well as your core Joomla code. Depending on your site and whether any extension customizations are present, this step can take up to several hours. If any extensions used on your site are commercial, you'll need to purchase renewals separately, but we'll advise you if that's the case. (Please note that we will only upgrade within your Joomla version series. For example, Joomla 2.5 to end of life version 2.5.28 and Joomla 3.x to latest current stable version.)
- Then we install all of our recommended Joomla site security tools. These include a Joomla firewall, administrative tools to help stop brute force attacks, administrator panel protection, and more.
- To ensure the site is ready, we re-scan the site with another full audit to verify no more malicious files are found
- Lastly, we completely replace the infected site on your hosting with an updated clean site
- If your site has been blacklisted we will help you get the documentation submitted to Google or anti-spammer blacklists to request removal